Opportunities to offer member to member support and share individual experiences and talents are central to Mill City Commons' mission. As a Village member, you can get involved in a number of ways:
- Assist fellow MCC members encountering a "bump in the road." Offer to help with grocery shopping or transportation needs.
- Suggest and develop an MCC program or event. Be a Program Sponsor.
- Host an MCC event either in your home or community room.
- Participate in the annual "Turkey, Dressings and Extra Helpings" holiday food and clothing drive for those in need.
- Serve as a member of our Board of Directors or on a committee.
- Spread the word about Mill City Commons and all we have to offer.
If you would like to volunteer to help with any of Mill City Commons programming, please let us know!
Volunteer Opportunities in the Community
Our neighborhood is full of organizations doing great and important work. Browse the list below for more information on how you can help. If you know of a volunteer opportunity in our neighborhood that you would like to share with members, please get in touch with us.
Catholic Eldercare TCU
Catholic Eldercare is seeking volunteers at their Transitional Care Unit who are dependable, compassionate, understanding and have good communication skills. They recognize that volunteers play a key role in making a difference.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Guest Services: Be the first person guests and families encounter as they enter the TCU. Assist staff with the phone, room numbers, ID badges, etc.
- Media Cart: Distribute a variety of reading materials to guests and their families.
- Transitional Services: Assist staff with guest activities, transport guests within the building and assist guests in getting settled or ready to leave.