Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Reducing Hazardous Chemicals in Our Homes 7:00-8:30 pm - CANCELLED
Thursday, April 27, 2017, 7:00 PM until 8:30 PM
Home of Liz and Van Hawn at Lourdes Square
186 Bank St. S.E.
Registrants & Fees
MCC Member Spouse/Partner
Did you know that the building products found in your home can affect your health? From lead poisoning to cancer to asthma, building materials can impact our health as much as the food we eat, the water we drink or the air we breathe. Most people think that chemicals used in building products are strictly regulated or tested for human health impacts, but that’s not the case. In fact, it’s difficult to get clear and reliable information about product ingredients. Healthy Building Network has developed a national initiative, called HomeFree, to help the public learn about healthier and cost-competitive options to reduce hazardous chemicals in building products. Please join Gina Ciganik, CEO of Healthy Building Network, to learn more about this issue and how you can find healthier product options for your home. Liz and Van Hawn host at Lourdes Square.